Welcome to the land of Shiny


The home of exuberant amateurism.

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Stampotique Challenge, Animals, Birds and Insects

The Stampotique Challenge for the next two weeks can be found here.
A fabulous challenge with oodles and oodles of possibilities and you can use any stamps in your project.

Last week we saw the chick shapes in their paying job as circus performers. They are energetic joyful characters and this week we get to see them playing musical chairs.
I have tried to show just how good these chicks look no matter what style of creating you like; whether grungy and shiny (gotta have a bit of Shiny) or paper piecing with pretty designer papers.
Click on any image to make it bigger.



The  4 chick shapes (4 sided cube) 9111 and 3 chairs 9179 in this one are stamped with Versafine black and heat embossed with fine detail clear powder.
If you heat emboss your stamped image it makes it really easy to colour in with Cosmic Shimmer Watercolours or Twinkling H2O's because the embossing resists the watercolour paint so it easily stays inside the image. 


In this one I've used pretty summer garden designer papers and paper pieced the stamped images. As you know if you're a regular here, I'm a bit of a duffer with flat card layouts (I need a lot more practice, about 2256 more cards worth I think) but you get the general idea and I'm sure you'll be able to put them in a much better layout yourself if you fancy having a go at musical chairs.

I did wonder what these two completely different styles would like if they were combined together; probably quite horrid, but I thought I'd try it out in an ATC and surprisingly this style turned out to be my favourite of the lot.


So my advice would be:
No matter how mad an idea seems to be; give it a try as an ATC.

Next week I'll show you where the chicks live.

Happy creating!
Gini
xx

14 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Absolutely amazing Gini.. musical chairs..BRILLIANT!

Electra said...

Oh my gosh, Gini, when I saw the first one, I swear I heard the music!!! The ATC is my fav too. do they live in a house or a condo?
(I think your word might be "flat?)
shall I bring a housewarming gift?

Barb Cady said...

Love the way you have stamped on a page from Peter Pan, they look like they are having a ball!

Willy said...

Fabulous pieces, Gini!

Karen said...

Awe you are always full of ideas!!! I would never have thought of musical chairs given those stamps hahaha!!!

These are all lovely but I do like the mix on the ATC the best my lovely xxx

Sherry said...

So lovely Gini! I like both versions but must agree the combination of both styles on the ATC is the best!

Jingle said...

These are so super fun!

Vicki B in OP NY said...

I love your musical chairs and ATC. I'll be back to check out your latest work!
Hugs, A little Inkling, Vicki
#120 over at Stamping Ground

Jane Wetzel said...

these are awesome- I TOO love atcs and yours is great!

Chriss Rollins said...

Hi Gini,

I have had a great time trying to catch up over here.

Fab blog and I must say you do those fab SB stamps proud.

hope that you are well take care

Chriss x

Valerie H. Marshall said...

These are great fun! Love the colorful papers!
Val :)

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous projects Gini - love the little birdies and the way you have used them. The ATC worked brilliantly - another Gini masterpiece!!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Chris said...

Totally coool and so much fun Gini... love the way you have used those cute stamps...your imagination rocks :-) Love the musical chairs idea it made me laugh... I was just wondering who was NOT going to get a chair....lol
Hope you are having a good week me lovely :)
hugs
Chris xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic idea, love your musical chairs.